Opening Word Today
Opening Doors Tomorrow
- Blanca has been excepted into a job training program at Nurse Assist, we wish her well in her future endeavors.
- Katherine is a 22 year old student from the Dominican Republic. She came to the United States almost a year ago with her husband. She studied cosmetology in her country and continues to work in the industry at the Victoria's Sandra Salon in Huntington Station. However, her passion is to study business administration. She is currently in the advanced class at the Opening Word. She is a bright and eager student who has made many friends in her short time here.
- Mayra was a student with us from 2016 - 2018. She came to the United States from Guatemala, is married and has a child. Once her daughter started school, Mayra was free to begin ESL classes. Her success in The Opening Word has enabled her to enroll in Farmingdale College where she was accepted for advanced English classes. This is just the beginning of her dreams coming true.
- Mayra and Rose, while still in our program, were placed in Farmingdale State College for advanced English classes. They are preparing for their U.S High School Equivalency. They look forward to beginning their college degrees; one in nursing and the other in education.
- Marsalle is in City College pursuing a degree in Finance.
- After studying at Wyandanch, Blanca went on to get her High School Equivalency from Farmingdale State College, as well as her certification as an administrative assistant. She presently has a supervisory position in the factory where she works. She also works as an administrative assistant in the rectory office of Miraculous Medal Parish.
- Karina has begun her studies to become an architect.
- Reina will be graduating from college this spring.
These incredible women are just a few of the many amazing Opening Word students.
SOME OF OUR STUDENTS PROUD ACHIEVEMENTS